Mission statement & Aims
The main aim of the founders of Papiliorama has always been of an idealist nature. However, the legal form did not correspond to this from the very beginning. Papiliorama was founded as a limited society. At the time, this was the only possibility to get access to guaranteed credits. After the gigantic fire of 1995 and the resulting spontaneous donations made through the Swiss public, which made possible the reconstruction of Papiliorama, the society decided to turn itself into a foundation of public utility. It was the first such case in Switzerland.
The aim of the foundation is to introduce the public to the diversity of tropical and indigenous fauna and flora and to actively contribute to their protection. The main target groups are today’s young generations. This is the reason why, the foundation offers special rates for guided tours to school classes.
- Michel Pittet, president, economist, form. state minister of the Canton of Fribourg
- Katharina Hürlimann, former Mayor of Kerzers
- Philippe Küpfer, former professor of evolutionary botany, University of Neuchâtel
- Nicole Schwab, Mayor of Kerzers
- Thierry Mauron, economist, former director of Fribourg economic development agency
- Caspar Bijleveld, secr. of the Board, biologist, director Papiliorama
- Maarten Bijleveld van Lexmond, biologist, founder of Papiliorama, Neuchâtel
- Jan Louwman, director Wassenaar Wildlife Breeding, Netherlands
- Geert van Mesdag, lawyer, Morges (VD)
- Susanne Schwander, former mayor of Kerzers
L’objectif principal est de soutenir le Papiliorama dans le financement d’acquisitions et de nouveaux bâtiments, dans des occasions spéciales et dans l’organisation de parrainages.
These institutions and companies regularly support us. Many thanks to them.
- Andermatt Biocontrol
- Andermatt Biogarten
- Biotopverbund Grosses Moos
- BirdLife Schweiz
- Butterfly Conservation Europe
- Celsius GroupE
- Energie Genossenschaft Schweiz (EGch)
- Fondation Dick van Nievelt
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Counsil)
- Graine de Belette
- Paul Schiller Stiftung
- Pro Natura
- Region Murtensee
- SDL Drahtwaren AG
- Zürcher Hochschule der Künste